Hi guys! I hope you all are doing well and staying safe. I know that everything going on right now is super scary but the great thing about social media is that it keeps us all connected even during times of crisis. Everything is far from normal right now and sometimes it can be hard to feel comfortable at a time like this but I’ve found comfort in the simplest things. For example, I did my hair for the first time in almost two weeks.
I know it’s super silly but focusing on something so small that was a part of my normal routine gave me some comfort as well as hope that things would be back to normal soon. I hope you all stay safe and sane during this time. P.S. I would like to shout out all of those unsung heroes who are helping out at a time like this: the nurses/doctors, truck drivers, grocery store workers, cleaning crews, distribution center employees, etc. Thank you so much for being committed to helping others in such an uncertain time.
Hey guys! I hope everyone is enjoying their time inside. I have been somewhat productive but I have also taken my fair share of naps as well. I’m definitely getting a bit stir crazy but I truly believe if we all do our part in staying inside that we will be back to normal in no time. This comfy outfit is perfect for your day indoors. These leggings are super comfortable (and affordable) and come in several colors. The sweatshirt is on clearance right now and really comfy as well! I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself a cat person (although between my roommate and I we have 3!) because I grew up with dogs but having my own cat has helped changed my mind slightly. I would say I am a lover of all animals and I absolutely love having a pet, regardless if it is a cat or a dog.
I was fortunate enough to head home to spend these past few days with my family and I am so thankful for that. I can’t believe March is almost over. It has definitely been a challenging month but I still have high hopes for the rest of the year! I hope everyone is staying safe and staying sane.
Oh my gosh you guys I seriously can’t believe it! It has been one year since I first officially started my blog. So much has happened since then but the one thing that has remained the same is the love I have for what I do and the love for all of you! Blogging has been a dream of mine for several years and it feels surreal to think that I now have one year of it under my belt. I love connecting with all of you and sharing my content. I am looking forward to several more years to come! I have lots of big things planned and lots of really big aspirations but I believe anything is possible. If there is ever any content you’d like to see just let me know. Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart.
Hey everyone! Since we all will be staying in for these next few weeks, I wanted to compile a list of some things to do! Staying in is definitely relaxing but sometimes it can become mundane so I’ve decided to share some fun ideas for anyone who is spending their days indoors!
1. Netflix and chill (or Hulu!)- If you’re watching netflix here are some suggestions: The Office, Parks and rec, Love is blind, A cinderella story, To all the boys p.s. I still love you. If you’re watching Hulu: How I met your mother, Big time adolescence, Isn’t it romantic, Alone together, The murder of Laci Peterson and my new favorite: Little fires everywhere.
2. Read a book-Some of my favorites are: The girl on the train, Gossip girl, Sharp objects, The woman in cabin 10.
3. Cook new recipes or in my case actually learn how to cook! (Pinterest has lots of great recipes!)
4. Call and catch up with friends and family. Call your grandparents or your best friend or someone you haven’t talked to in a while and just talk to them on the phone. We shouldn’t limit our communication to just texting!
5. Online shopping! Now is the perfect time to not feel guilty about laying in bed and online shopping. (P.S. Nordstrom is offering 25% off on almost everything right now!!) You can also shop my looks via Liketoknow.it (I do earn commissions when you purchase items through my links so thank you so much to those who have purchased something!)
6. Write down your thoughts. What we are dealing with right now is unprecedented and pretty stressful. A great way to express your feelings is to write them down. It can be super cathartic! Whether that means writing them in a journal, typing them in your notes app, or some other form. It can really help ease your anxiety and also help out with your creative side!
7. Self care! Meditation, exercise, adopting healthy eating habits, amping up your skincare routine, etc. Use the time you have now to really focus on improving yourself.
8. Spring cleaning. Take the chance to clean out your closet or junk drawer and get rid of items you don’t really need or no longer use. You can always sell these items (I love using Poshmark) or donate them to those in need.
9. Get some fresh air! Go for a walk around the neighborhood and clear your head. Bonus: bring your dog! (Keep in mind the social distancing etiquette-6 feet away from others and no groups of 10 people or more.)
I hope this list helps anyone who may feel stuck wondering what to do at a time like this. If you have any other suggestions feel free to let me know. Remember we’re all in this together and we will get through it!
Happy hump day guys! I know that with everything going on lately, life has been pretty rough. My last day working was today so I will officially start my quarantine tomorrow. I am not very good at taking too much time off-I tend to get a bit stir crazy but I am looking forward to having way more time to focus on my blog.
I really like the simplicity of this look. The color of the sweater is a bit different in person than in photos but it is a great sweater. It is from Zara and I linked the exact sweater here. If you follow me on liketoknow.it I had to link similar options because Zara isn’t available on that platform. I really hope that you all stay healthy throughout this time and that it gives us all the chance to reflect on what’s really important: our family/friends and our health!
Hey guys! I love St. Patrick’s day and even though I’m probably not going to celebrate like I have in the past, I wanted to find a fun outfit for the holiday! If you are planning on keeping it casual (or not) this look is perfect for getting you in the Irish spirit! Everything from this entire look is under $40 and could definitely be worn again. The majority of this look is from Target-they always have great holiday pieces! Are you planning on doing anything fun for St. Patrick’s day?
Hey guys! I have been amping up my spring wardrobe and trying to step a bit out of comfort zone. I saw these pants on one of my favorite bloggers, Olivia Rink, and I was in love. They’re not something I probably would have picked out on my own but I really wanted to find a fun way to style them! I feel like I have super girly/feminine style and when I saw this bodysuit I knew it would pair perfectly with these pants!
I love how classy and feminine this look is. I feel like both pieces could be styled so many different ways and it’s such a fun outfit for spring! The pants come in regular and petite sizes. I got the petite and they fit perfectly for my frame. I haven’t really ever shopped at the Loft but after scoring these amazing pants it is definitely going to be one of my new shopping destinations.
Hey guys! I absolutely love bright colors but sometimes I can’t resist a nice neutral look. I just got this bodysuit from Abercrombie and it is so soft. They call it “Soft AF”. Clever right? The bodysuit can definitely be worn on its own but I decided to pair it with this denim jacket to balance the colors out a bit. I added some white jeans and my gray Steve Madden flats to complete the outfit. It is such a fun look that is just perfect for spring. I hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks for reading!
Hey everyone! Random question: do you ever watch shows over and over? As I write this post, I’m currently watching How I met your mother for probably the 6th time. I love watching new shows but there is something so comforting about watching a show you already know you like. I also really identify with Ted! If you haven’t seen it yet you need to check it out. It’s super funny and really relatable.
I have been all about comfortable looks lately which is why this look is perfect! Leggings and a hoodie is such a great everyday look and the spanx leggings are seriously my favorite. I have worn them so many times and I just cannot get over how comfortable they are. My hoodie and sneakers are old so I made sure to link similar ones. I am so happy that it is starting to get warmer again. Spring is such a pretty season!
Happy Saturday everyone! It is finally starting to feel like spring around here. It was in the 50’s all day and spring time means spring dresses! This Free people dress is perfect for the warmer weather and comes in several other colors. FYI, it is a bit on the shorter side. I wanted to dress it up a bit so I styled it with my personalized belt from Monroe belts, a fun bracelet and my favorite black boots. They are currently on sale at H&M right now so it is the perfect time to grab them! I hope you all enjoy the warm weather. Spring is just around the corner!