I absolutely love writing posts like this because when I put things out for everyone to see I feel like it helps to hold me accountable. I used to be extremely healthy and lately I have strayed away from that. Health is so important and I want to get back in the game so I thought I would share some tips to inspire everyone to lead a happy and healthy life.
- Exercise is so important. I used to rigorously exercise every single day. In the past two years I am lucky if I make it to the gym twice in a month. In order to lead a healthy lifestyle it’s crucial to be active at least three or four days each week. You should be doing cardio for about 40 minutes per workout and then some form of strength training. I am going to make myself commit to hitting the gym at least a minimum of three times per week!
- Watch what you drink. I have to admit that I consume so many empty calories by drinking coffee, pop and alcohol. It’s insane when you look at the sugar content in these types of drinks. Switching out tea for coffee every once in a while will do wonders for your health. Especially green tea! Eliminating pop is also super important and as an avid pop drinker this is something that I have struggled with the most!
- Limit how often you go out to eat. This is another thing I am terrible at. I am so lazy and often too tired to attempt to make my own meals so I just go through the drive-thru. Not only does this cost so much money but it is soooo bad for you. Grocery shopping and meal prepping is essential when living a healthy lifestyle. It’s important to get a good mix of fruits, veggies and protein.
- Drink water. Probably the only thing on this list that I am actually currently doing. I LOVE water. It is recommended to drink about eight 8-ounce glasses per day. (Just remember the 8×8 rule). *Tip if you’re getting some starbucks just order a cup of water with your coffee. This will be a great daily reminder to drink your water!
- Get some sleep. I have been trying to get myself onto a decent sleep schedule and failing miserably. You should be getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night in order to be refreshed and prepared for the day. My amount of sleep varies drastically and this has wrecked my sleep schedule. Going to bed at the same time every night and waking up at the same time every morning will really improve your sleep.
I hope these tips have been helpful. If you have any other healthy living tips please feel free to share. Have a great weekend!